We all have hundreds of beliefs that influence the way we conduct our lives. Some beliefs are directly related to our values and feed our spirits and empower us, while other beliefs are dated and actually limit our potential.
Our beliefs are formed from our own personal experiences as well as from information we receive from trusted people in our lives; parents, peers, teachers, mentors and society.
Sometimes we struggle through life with beliefs that limit us; then something happens that questions the belief we had, and our world opens up to new beliefs, and possibilities. Remember that there’s what happened to you in your life…and there’s what you decided it meant.
Limiting beliefs can cause you to miss (or not even see) opportunities that are standing in your path. Below are some of the limiting beliefs that stop people from having what they want. If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll find that you carry many of these beliefs, just as I did.
Now tell the truth … do any of these thoughts every cross your mind? …
1. No matter what I do, I should be doing something else.
2. I don’t know what I want.
3. Don’t get your hopes up too high, you’ll get hurt.
4. If I fail, I would be afraid to try again.
5. I should have figured this out by now.
1. I must work hard for the money I earn.
2. I need more money than I can generate.
3. I feel overwhelmed in changing my financial picture.
4. Everybody’s not meant to be rich.
1. I’m not good enough to be loved.
2. I’m not good enough, period.
3. I’m too fat to be loved.
4. I’m too old to be loved.
5. Most men are no good.
6. There are not enough men to go around.
You believe your beliefs to be true, even though you are aware that they are formed and based on your very limited experiences as one person, in one body, in the entire world.
If your belief system is faulty, meaning that if you have erroneous thinking or misguided notions, you can find yourself ‘stuck’ and disempowered, or worse, self-sabotaging your life.
You do have a choice here. You can choose to let go of the beliefs you don’t want and you can choose to replace the beliefs with ones that better serve you. Beliefs are how we create reality.
Changing your beliefs or conclusions about your past can go a long way toward changing the way you live your life today.
Your beliefs set your course. These coupled with your values and decisions are a predictable guide to your future.
Fulfill your Uniqueness!